Scopwick and Kirkby Green Parish Council is made up of 7 elected members who work on a voluntary basis to serve the interests of the parish. Elected members as of 2019 are:
- Cllr Philip Baumber (Chairman and hedge/trees/grass lead)
- Cllr Janet Flett (Vice-Chairman)
- Cllr Tim Banks
- Cllr Alistair Brackenbury (Road Safety and Community Speed Watch lead)
- Cllr Owen Davies (Parish Council rep on Neighbourhood Planning Group and link to Parochial Church Council)
- Cllr John Money
- Cllr David Nelson (Parish Council rep on Neighbourhood Planning Group)
The Council has one part time employee, Jules Wilkins, who is the Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer. Other work undertaken on behalf of the Parish Council (such as grass and hedge cutting) is carried out by local contractors.
Parish Council Meetings take place every other month and are normally at 7pm on the last Tuesday of the month. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, all meetings are being held online until at least May 2021. Residents may attend these meetings and can speak briefly on village matters at the commencement of the meeting.
The Parish Council also holds a Parish Meeting once a year (usually in May) which is an opportunity for Parishioners to raise any issues.
There are two committees, each consisting of a Councillor (chairman) and parishioners, that report to the Parish Council:
- The Village Hall Committee is chaired by Cllr Janet Flett and meets on a quarterly basis.
- The Playing Field Committee is chaired by Cllr David Nelson and meets two-monthly.
Information about both the committees can be found in the Parish Information section of the website.
If you have any queries about the Parish Council or this website or content, please contact the Scopwick and Kirkby Green Parish Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07796 954395)