The Parish comprises the villages of Scopwick and Kirkby Green. It lies mid way between Lincoln and Sleaford in Lincolnshire, East Midlands, England, with a population of about 800. The boundaries of the Parish extend to the east just beyond the Scopwick railway crossing and to the west into the fringes of RAF Digby.
Scopwick is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as having a church and 6 mills. The name derives from Old English and was originally Scapeuic meaning the sheep farm. The village church, Holy Cross, has an extension to the churchyard in Vicarage Lane that includes the Commonwealth War Graves for the airmen from nearby RAF Digby - most famously that of the young World War II poet and aviator John Gillespie Magee, the author of the poem High Flight.
Kirkby Green was originally the principal village in the parish but has long been overtaken in size by its immediate neighbour, Scopwick. The small church of Holy Cross in Kirkby Green is now closed for worship but the graveyard remains open and is maintained. The Beck is crossed by a ford on Church Lane and the Manor House and Kirkby Green Mill can still be seen through the trees - although the mill buildings have been converted to residential use.
This is mainly a residential parish but many activities are promoted through the Village Hall and the sense of community is maintained through the Holy Cross church in Scopwick, the Methodist Chapel and, of course, the Royal Oak pub.
For further information, please see these pages in Wikipedia: Scopwick and Kirkby Green.